The Cherish Freedom Foundation is now welcoming applications for its prestigious London Scholars Program to be held in London, England from Sunday, March 12th 2017 thru Monday, March 20th 2017.
The London Scholars Program is limited to twelve individuals who can show a real interest in the aims of the Cherish Freedom Foundation and in developing and strengthening the Special Relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom.
Those fortunate to be chosen as London Scholars will have their return airfares, twin bedroom accommodation and meal costs met thanks to the generosity of the supporters of the Cherish Freedom Foundation.
The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity afforded by the London Scholars Program includes:
- VIP tour of the Houses of Parliament led by a Member of Parliament
- Private, off-the-record policy briefings by MPs, journalists and think-tanks on issues of direct relevance to the US-UK Special Relationship and the United Kingdom’s vote to leave the European Union (Brexit)
- Private tour of London’s historic Guildhall that, in the past, has included a viewing of Magna Carta
- A chance to see the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, home of Queen Elizabeth II
- A visit to the Churchill War Rooms and Downing Street and a chance to worship at Westminster Abbey
- A tour of London on a double decker bus followed by a journey on the London Eye
- A cruise down the River Thames
- Attendance at the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London
- Drinks reception atop one of London’s tallest buildings, The Gherkin
- A visit to the university cities of Cambridge and/or Oxford
- A guided tour of the royal town of Windsor and neighbouring Eton
- A chance to meet like-minded activists in one of the world’s most vibrant cities
This year successful applicants will also have the opportunity to attend the Freedom Association’s Freedom Festival in Bournemouth
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email [email protected] by 12pm EST on Wednesday, February 1st, 2017 with the following:
- Confirmation that you are available to travel to the United Kingdom on Sunday, March 12th 2017 so as to return to the United States on Monday, March 20th 2017;
- A copy of your up-to-date resume;
- A signed letter of recommendation; and
- An essay of no more than 500 words answering the following question:
- “Which of the twenty-seven amendments to the United States Constitution would best be adopted by the United Kingdom and why?” (Hint: it is not the Eighteenth!)
Applications close at 12pm EST on Wednesday, February 1st, 2017.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered and the decision of the Cherish Freedom Foundation with regard to any applications is conclusive and final.
Successful applicants will be notified by 12pm EST on Monday, February 6th 2017. Please ensure you have white-listed emails from the cherishfreedomfoundation.org domain with your email provider to avoid our messages going into your junk mail filters.
Applicants must not book flights or incur any other expenditure of any kind.